Q: Are these showers approved for use in New Zealand and Australia?
A: Yes all these showers have been WELS (Water Efficiency Labelling Scheme) tested for water usage covering New Zealand and Australia. all showers have been tested at both Mains and Low/unequal pressures to ensure you get the best shower possible no matter what the supply. Check each product page for more information on the showers specific test results or contact us for specification sheets.
Q: What is the distance between the hot and cold supply pipes when installing the mixing chamber?
A: 155mm centre to centre for our Brass Y Mixer (middle of pipe to middle of pipe) Custom options can be supplied.
Where custom centeres are needed we can provide a barrel mixer we make by hand, this allows us to accommodate a wide range of centeres from 130mm to 250mm. please contact us for more information.
Q: Can I fit a 200mm or a 250mm rose to a horizontal pipe?
A: yes, we supply our 200mm & 250mm showers with 20mm piping (NZ standard) to support the additional weight of a shower rose full of water. If you feel this is not sufficient you can also add an additional support to the forward reaching pipe if there is a structure above the pipe. we can supply additional holderbacks on request to do this.
Q: I see you supply an aged finished for your showers, does this keep aging?
A: Yes, we treat all our brass and copper fittings with a water based aging process which allows the material to carry on aging naturally. If the surface is over-cleaned the aged finish will be removed. If you have cleaned your aged shower, leave to age once more as a natural process.
Natural uncoated copper is a living finish that will develop over time, should the finish be damaged in any way it will naturally repair its self over time and return to its aged patina.
Q: Can these copper products be cleaned to stop them from going green?
A: as we make all of our product from solid copper and brass they can be cleaned with metal polish to maintain their high shine if desired. Being made form solid metal you can if needed use wire wool to remove and tough build up or Verdigris and any scratching will "heal" its self over time.
We recommend you use a automotive degreaser to remove any oxidised film on the metal surface to allow an even patina.
Q: Are your shower all uniform in size or can I have a bespoke shower to fit my home?
A: One of our specialities is our capacity to make "what you want". We are happy to talk to you about your individual needs, ideas and specification that will give you your dream shower experience. For those who require only small adjustments we have built our showers to be adjustable on site, you can cut down the height and the forward reach using only a hacksaw. We provide all the fittings necessary to allow this adjustment. (we do not supply tools such as the hacksaw)
Q: What is the difference between the indoor and outdoor shower and can I use an outdoor shower inside my home?
A: As Copper can be used indoors or outdoors there are no differences between our indoor and outdoor showers. We have designed all our products to endure outdoor conditions so fitting them indoors is not an issue. We do offer on request Neoprene spacers to help fit outdoor showers to shiplap weatherboards where the angle makes mounting difficult.
Q: What is Antimicrobial copper?
A: Copper is known to have antimicrobial properties, which kill bacteria that sit on its surface. The Envirmental Protection Agency (EPA) have overseen studies that indicate antimicrobial copper can make the following claims:
Laboratory testing has shown that when cleaned regularly:
- Antimicrobial Copper Alloys continuously reduce bacterial contamination, achieving 99.9% reduction within two hours of exposure.
- Antimicrobial Copper Alloy surfaces kill greater than 99.9% of Gram-negative and Gram-positive bacteria within two hours of exposure.
- Antimicrobial Copper Alloy surfaces deliver continuous and ongoing antibacterial action, remaining effective in killing greater than 99% of bacteria within two hours.
- Antimicrobial Copper Alloys surfaces kill greater than 99.9% of bacteria within two hours, and continue to kill 99% of bacteria even after repeated contamination.
- Antimicrobial Copper Alloys surfaces help inhibit the buildup and growth of bacteria within two hours of exposure between routine cleaning and sanitizing steps.
- Testing demonstrates effective antibacterial activity against Staphylococcus aureus, Enterobacter aerogenes, Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA), Escherichia coli O157:H7, and Pseudomonas aeruginosa