We make all of our products from Copper and Brass for a few reasons:
- Outdoor Use - Copper and brass are both hard wearing materials that stand up to outdoor conditions, we build all of our products with outdoor applications in mind. What works for outdoors will also work indoors.
- Workability - Copper is a very malleable material, as we make our products by hand this allows us to properly form copper into the correct shapes and sizes we need. Brass is a very resilient material that is great for the moving parts of our showers.
- Recyclability - We believe our products should be easily recyclable with as little impact as possible. Copper is 100% recoverable when recycled and brass is easily recycled at any scrap yard.
- Antimicrobial - Copper is an antimicrobial metal, it has been proven to kill 99.9% of bacteria within 2 hours and stop many other bacteria’s from multiplying.
Copper and Brass allow us to provide a variety of finishes for you to match fittings with your style and surrounding. Here is a breakdown of our finishes;
- Polished Copper & Brass - Our polished finish is the starting point of all our finishes. We polish all of the fittings by hand using an electric buffing machine, polishing wheels and wax based polishes to achieve a high shine on our products. This finish is not coated with any sort of seal or lacquer and will age naturally over time.
- Antique Copper & Brass - The antique finish is an evolution of the polished finish, where we dip the polished fittings in a water based oxidiser that speeds up the ageing process rapidly. achieving months or years of ageing in 20 minutes. This finish is also not sealed with any coating or lacquer and will continue to age more over time.
- Chrome - A classic plumbing finish that has stood the test of time. We chrome plate our copper and brass fittings using an electroplating process, first by nickel plating then chrome plating the fittings to achieve a bright, shiny chrome finish that will resist ageing and tarnishing. Our chrome finish will stay as is for a long time and can be cleaned with mild cleaning products to keep them shiny.
- Nickel - Nickel is a variation of the chrome plated finish which gives a more matte silver finish that does tarnish over time. Nickel is not coated and will age and darken with time.
- Powder Coated colour - On a select range of our products we offer a black or colour powder coated finish. This finish is applied and baked onto the surface to give a gloss colour or black look that will stay that way with care. The powder coat finish is not available on all products so please check with us before ordering, additional costs may apply.
We do not warrant the finishes on our products against deterioration or damage so please ensure you take good care of the finish of your Hydra Plumbing Shower, tapware, basin or bath.